Japanese: How to say: I want + (verb)

Hello everyone!πŸ˜ƒ

In this post we will learn how to say this expression in Japanese.
I want to (verb).

In Japanese, there are 2 different ways to say 'I want'
1. If you want to 'do' something.
2. If you want 'something'.

In this post we will learn about the first case.

I want to eat.
The verb (to eat) is (ta be ru ι£ŸγΉγ‚‹ )

Here is how to do it:
1. Take the verb in the (masu 'polite') form.
In this case, it is: (tabeMASU  ι£ŸγΉγΎγ™ ).

2. Drop (MASU  ます ) from the verb to get the stem.
So (tabeMASU ι£ŸγΉγΎγ™) becomes (tabe 食べ).

3. Add (tai γŸγ„) to the stem.

4. It becomes: (ι£ŸγΉγŸγ„) which means: (I want to eat!)
  Easy, isn't it? πŸ˜ƒ

Let's try some more examples:

I want to read.
1. The verb (to read) in the MASU form is: (yomiMASU θͺ­γΏγΎγ™).
2. Drop the MASU to get the stem:
You will get: (yomi θͺ­γΏ).
3. Add (tai γŸγ„) to the stem.
4. It becomes: (yomi + tai = yomitai  θͺ­γΏγŸγ„) which means I want to read!

OK! now I want you to try it yourself!
I will give you the verb, and you give me the (tai) form. OK?πŸ˜ƒ

1. I want to write.
(to write) is ( ka ki ma su ζ›ΈγγΎγ™).
2. I want to go. 
(to go) is (i ki ma su θ‘ŒγγΎγ™).
3. I want to see. 
( to see)  is (mi ma su θ¦‹γΎγ™).

Write a comment of your sentences and I will correct it!
Also , let me know in the comments whether you like my explanation or you think it is a bit difficult to understand! Looking forward to reading your comments!
Good luckπŸ˜ƒπŸ’“








Comments

Popular Posts