Japanese: How to say: 'I want (a noun)'

Hello everyone!😃

This post is about Japanese^^

I shared with you before how to say I want to 'verb'  but this time I will share with you how to say I want 'something'.
So this time it is a noun (something) that you want.
You want something. You don't want to "do" something.

In Japanese and in Korean too actually, expressing theses 2 sentences is different. You use a certain expression to say that you want to do something, and another one to say that you want something, while in English you would use the word 'want' in both cases. the only difference is that you just have to add 'to' after 'want' in the case of expressing the desire to 'do' something.

So, back to the main topic, how to say I want a 'noun'in Japanese.

Very simple!
Here is the structure of the sentence:
Noun + が欲しい (がほしい - ga hoshii).
That's it!😄

Examples:

I want a bag.
 Bag = 鞄 (かばん - kaban).
Follow it with (が欲しい), you get:
鞄が欲しい (kaban ga hoshii) = I want a bag.

I want a car.
car = 車(くるま - kuruma)
車 + が欲しい →車が欲しい (kuruma ga hoshii) = I want a car.
How easy is that!😍

Try making your own sentences!
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think about my posts, do you find them helpful and easy to understand? I hope so😊

Thank you so much for reading and see you soon!
bye^^

Comments

Popular Posts