Chinese: Greetings in Chinese, asking about people's names and countries

Hello everyone, and happy new year!😃🎆✨
I wish you all a year full of success and happiness!✨

Want to know how to say 'Happy new year' in Japanese and Chinese?😃
Check out my Instagram page^^ @mllj11
Follow me there for daily posts about languages!

Alright!

In the past few weeks I have been learning easy, simple Chinese and I thought I would share it with you.

Let's start with  greetings.
How to greet someone in Chinese.

你好 (nǐ hǎo) = Hi! Hello!
你 means (you)
好 means (good).
together (你好) they mean (hello) or (hi) 
if you are greeting someone you don't know, or if you are greeting your teacher, for example, it is more respectful to use 您 (nin) instead of 你(ni). 
So it becomes  您好!(nin hao!) meaning (hi) or (hello). 

Let's learn some more useful greetings! ^^


早上 (zǎoshang ) = morning.
晚上 (wǎnshàng ) = evening.

Can you guess how to say good morning or good evening?!


早上好 (zǎoshanghǎo) = good morning.
晚上好 (wǎnshànghǎo ) = good evening.
And,
晚安= (Wǎn'ān ) = good night!

Now let's learn how to ask people about their names, and how to answer this question! \(^^)/
To ask someone about their name we say:
你叫什么名字? (nǐ jiào shénme míngzì)= What is your name? 

叫 = to be called.
什么 = what? 
名字 = name 


To answer this question we say: 
我叫(Wǒ jiào)。。。(and then you say your name).

我 =  I, me. 

What if you want to ask someone about someone else's name?

We replace 你  with 他(ta) which means (he) or 她(ta) which means (she). 
(Notice that the characters are different but the pronunciation is the same).

他叫什么名字?(tā jiào shénme míngzì) = what is his name?
她叫什么名字?(tā jiào shénme míngzì) =  what is her name? 

The answer would be:
他叫。。。(his name is...)
她叫。。。 (her name is...)

Alright!
Now we will learn how to ask someone where they are from, or ask them about their nationality. 

你是哪国人?(Nǐ shì nǎ guórén)= where are you from? 

你 = you 
是 = similar to (is, are, am)
哪=  where
国 = country
人 = person

To answer we say: 
我是(Wǒ shì)+ the name of the country + 人 (rén)。= I am from... or I am (nationality).

Example:
你是哪国人?  = Where are you from?
我是中国人。 你呢?(Wǒ shì zhōngguó rén. Nǐ ne) = I am Chinese, and you? 

That's it for today's post!^^
I hope you found it helpful and informative✨
I will write another post similar to this one about Chinese, so stay tuned! ^_-
Please leave me a comment down below if you liked the post or if you have any questions or suggestions!
Thank you so much for reading, and see you soon!
Bye~♡

















Comments

Popular Posts